Planning Commission Minutes
Monday, March 4, 2019
6:00 PM at City Hall
The Commission reserves the right to reprioritize its consideration of the items on the agenda. Commissioners present: Brenda Reynolds, Bill Yoes, Charlotte Carnes, Paula Schoonover, Allen Swearingen Called meeting to order at 6:00 p.m
Motion to amend agenda to include Jenny Dietzel Consulting. Commissioner Yoes made motion, Commissioner Swearingen 2nd. Motion carried 4-0.
1. Business license consideration for Josh Harper for Harper trucking L.L.C. at 298 South Main Ave. Discussion of business operations with 4 trucks being the most. No need to update the landscape from Mr. Harper. Freight and activity will not be carried out at that location, just storage of trucks. Motion made by Commissioner Yoes, 2nd by Commissioner Carnes. Motion carried 4-0.
2. Business License consideration for Jenny Dietzel Consulting. Discussion of nature of the business. Teaching classes and health related consulting. No signs needed. No landscaping needed at this time. Motion made by Commissioner Carnes, 2nd by
Commissioner Yoes. Motion carried 4-0.
3. Accessory building code update. Still waiting on the City Attorney. Commissioner
Reynolds will email us the copy to begin reviewing.
4. Carry over items from February agenda. Commissioner Reynolds would like to
change page 3, section 2G and change within to at least 7 days prior to meeting.
Large Scale Development is still with Carol and City Attorney. Housing development
is still with Carol. Would like to start to get wording organized about the triggering
events that would indicate landscaping updates. Need to get our recommendations
to Council and then to City Attorney. Change of Ownership, Location changes
ownership, and the nature of the business changes would trigger updating
landscaping. Want to put this in business license part of the code. Will discuss and
finalized in April meeting. People who reside in commercial zone would still be able
to continue using property in a residential nature. Still waiting on City Attorney.
5. Jim Goodlander spoke and wanted to let us know he wants to bring a lot split on
Short street to us for the April meeting. Explained the steps of the process to him.
Discussion of length of access road going to back part of lot. Had preliminary
discussion of size of properties and special conditions to the property and if allowed to have driveway longer that 100 feet. None of these discussions are binding. Pages
200 and 201 were discussed and recommend that he also request a variance when
he applies for lot split.
Motion to read minutes by Commissioner Yoes, 2nd by Commissioner Carnes. Pass 4-0
Motion to approve minutes by Commissioner Carnes; 2nd by Commissioner Swearinger
Motion to adjourn: Commissioner Yoes; 2nd by Commissioner Carnes. Pass 4-0
Adjourn: 6:56 p.m.