May 8, 2023 Council Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order by Mayor Renfrow at 6:00 PM
Those in attendance: Mayor Jim Renfrow, Jermaine Petty, Lisa Thornton, Bill Yoes, Diane Reed, Travis Whisenhunt, Chalon Ragsdale, Mark Herrmann. Absent- Rebecca Lawson, Misty McCard.
Comments- Taylor Samples introduced himself. Currently is Senior Deputy City Attorney for the City of Springdale, running for Judge Jeff Harper’s position (District Judge, Washington County District Court, Division 1).
Diane Reed motioned to approve April 2023 minutes, Lisa Thornton 2nd motion. Passed 7-0
Lisa Thornton motioned to approve April 2023 treasurer report, Chalon Ragsdale 2nd motion. Passed 7-0
Court & Police Report-Chief Stout gave report. Chief Stout mentioned that the most expeditious way to contact Greenland Police is by calling 911 for emergencies and 479-444-5712 for non-emergencies.
Building Inspector Report – Troy Enochs gave report.
Planning Commission Report – Brenda Reynolds gave report. Stated that the Planning Area Map is ready to be adopted.
Committee Report –
- Resolution 05-08-2023. Discussion about amending the budget. Lisa Thornton motion to table resolution until next month, motion 2nd by Diane Reed. Motion passed 5-2.
- Update on Wastewater System Rehabilitation Project – Update on project given by Trent Williams.
- Hotel/Motel/Restaurant (HMR) Tax – Mayor Renfrow gave update. The city must put this to a vote. Most prudent option appears to be included this in the next federal election versus holding a special election.
- Greenland Planning Area – Previously discussed.
- Permits Fees Increase – Discussion of current fees and the need to raise permit fees.
- City Street Parking Issues – Discussion regarding continued parking issues which include police and fire unable to navigate some city streets. Street Department to begin posting signs “No Parking on This Side.”
New Business: No new business presented.
Announcements – Introduction of new Code Enforcement Officer, Larry Norman.
Citizen comments – Citizen comments and concerns related to cement businesses in our area. Code Enforcer to investigate cement trucks damaging city roads and possibly parking illegally on city roads.
No further business Bill Yoes made a motion to adjourn, Travis Whisenhunt 2nd motion. Passed 7-0.
Meeting adjourned at 7:42 PM.