Economic Development for the City of Greenland
Is your business looking at locating or expanding to NW Arkansas?
Here’s why you should consider Greenland:
- We are located 4 miles south of Fayetteville via Scenic Highway 71 or Interstate 49.
- The easy access provided at I-49 at Exit 58 for both cars and trucks is a big plus. The latest traffic count at Exit 58 is 22,000 vehicles per day.
- We have many acres of beautiful, undeveloped land very close to the interstate.
- Water and sewer issues have been a two-edged sword. They have in effect “protected” Greenland from developing, therefore preserving a pristine environment. We are currently addressing these issues to make better tracts available (especially the highly visible and accessible I-49 corridor).
- In March 2011, Greenland voters approved a one-cent sales tax to be devoted to the general fund and earmarked for infrastructure by a 93% vote. This shows our community is striving to plan for the future.
- Greenland has some plots “spade ready” and plans to increase this inventory soon.
We feel very much that we are a diamond-in-the-rough and provide a unique and profitable environment for those willing to take a look and ask questions.
NEW PROJECTS – COMPLETED
- Dollar General store on Main Avenue is now open.
- Recycling Center on N. Letitia Avenue is completed. It is open from 8:30 A.M. – 3:30 P.M. Monday through Friday and Saturday from 8:30 A.M. to noon. There are barrels located inside the Recycling Center that are labeled to distribute your recyclables.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Give us a call at 479-521-5760
or drop us a note at P. O. Box 67, Greenland, AR 72737
We are willing to work with your business for everyone’s benefit.