July 10, 2023 Council Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order at 6:00pm
Those in attendance Mayor Jim Renfrow, Misty McCard, Rebecca Lawson, Jermaine Petty, Bill Yoes, Diane Reed, Travis Whisenhunt, Chalon Ragsdale
Absent- Lisa Thornton and Mark Herrmann
Rebecca Lawson motioned to approve June 2023 minutes, Jermaine Petty 2nd motion. Passed 6-0
Rebecca Lawson motioned to approve June 2023 treasurer’s report, Jermaine Petty 2nd motion. Passed 6-0
Court & Police Report-Chief Stout gave report.
Code Enforcement Report- Larry Norman gave report. Rebecca Lawson asked about an update on the roads on Campbell and Lillie and the Mayor Renfrow gave the update. Mayor Renfrow has been in contact with State Road Department and is in the process of getting the roads fixed.
Building Inspector Report- Troy Enochs gave report.
Planning Commission Report- Brenda Reynolds gave report.
- Update on Wastewater System Rehabilitation Project- Trent Williams gave update on sewer project. Applied for additional principal loan forgiveness through Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act- $750,000 was offered as a loan. Applied for additional $2.5 million through Arkansas Natural Resources Commission.
- Resolution 07-10-23A-Sale of City Property-Diane Reed motioned to read Resolution 07-10-2023A by title only, Rebecca Lawson 2nd Passed 6-0. Rebecca Lawson motioned to approve 07-10-2023A, Jermaine Petty. Passed 6-0.
- Resolution 07-10-23B- Permit fees increase-Rebecca Lawson motioned to read Resolution 07-10-2023B by title only, Jermaine Petty 2nd Passed 6-0
- Rebecca Lawson motioned to approve Resolution 07-10-2023B, Jermaine Petty 2nd Passed 6-0
- Ordinance 367- Noise Ordinance-Diane Reed motioned to place Ordinance 367 on 2nd reading by title only, Travis Whisenhunt 2nd Passed 6-0. Jermaine Petty motioned to approve 2nd reading of Ordinance 367 by title only, Diane Reed 2nd motion. Passed 6-0
New Business: Annexation of Unincorporated items within City Limits.
Announcements-Mayor Renfrow updated the council that the city is in the middle of the 2021/2022 audit.
Mayor Renfrow discussed that the city has received an email from Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration Revenue Division pertaining to the letter Arkansas Department of Finance and administration has received from the city about loss of sales tax revenue.
Citizen comments-Mrs. Cooksey spoke about the concern with the noise from the concrete trucks.
Mr. Church asked about information of annexation into Greenland city limits.
Mr. Karnes spoke about the annexation near the airport. Mayor Renfrow mentioned to sending a letter to City of Fayetteville regarding the land near the airport.
Diane Reed made a motion to adjourn, Bill Yoes 2nd motion. Passed 6-0
Adjourn at 7:57pm