January 2020 Planning Minutes
City of Greenland
P.O. Box 67 Greenland, AR 72737
Planning Commission Minutes
Monday, January 6, 2019 6:00 PM at City Hall
The Commission reserves the right to reprioritize its consideration of the items on the agenda.
Commissioners Present: Brenda Reynolds, Charlotte Carnes, Paula Schoonover, Hunter Collins, Bill Yoes.
Called meeting to order at 6:01 p.m.
- Election of Officers:
- Chairman: Brenda Reynolds per Motion made by Commissioner Carnes, 2nd by Commissioner Collins, approved 4-0.
- Vice Chairman: Bill Yoes per Motion by Commissioner Carnes, 2nd by commissioner Collins, Passed 4-0.
- Secretary: Paula Schoonover per Motion by Commissioner Collins, 2nd Commissioner Carnes. Approved 4-0.
- Code Work Status Review:
- LSD & Lot Split with Submission Timetable: PC needs this ASAP from city attorney. Discussion of the Commission about time concern; also have citizens waiting on this to be completed before they can take actions with their properties.
- Accessory Building Code: Per previous Minutes, no action taken on this, leave as is.
- Landscape Code: Per March 4, 2019 Minutes, it was recommended that reference to the Landscaping Code also be added to the Business License section of the Code and will affect a) change of ownership; b) change of business; or c) change of location
- Outdoor Vendor Code: Waiting on city attorney regarding the draft that was submitted in July.
- Residential Usage in Commercial Zones: Commission submitted its August 5 meeting recommendation to Council proposing Code change which would allow existing residential structures located in commercial zones to continue as a “residential” property (i.e., be able to add on, build an accessory building, rebuild, etc.) Council determined to leave “as is.” The information presented at the Council meeting was discussed, and the PC, as a whole, still strongly believes that residences should be able to continue as permitted per residential code, and that at such time as commercial development evolves or an issue ensues, then the Code can be revised at that time. Panning Commission recommends that the recommendation of the August 5, 2019 Item #4 be approved (attached for reference).
Chair and Secretary will review minutes and pass them on to the rest of the Commission.
Motion to adjourn: Commissioner Collins. 2nd: Commissioner Carnes. Pass 4-0 Adjourn: 6:48 p.m.
Note: This meeting references minutes from the August 2019 Planning Commission meeting. Those minutes can be found here.