February 2021 Planning Minutes
GREENLAND PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES
February 1, 2021
PRESENT: Brenda Reynolds, Bill Yoes, Hunter Collins, Paula Schoonover, Charlotte Carnes 6:00 pm meeting called to order
Proposed to move public comments to #3 – Yoes motions, Carnes 2nd, pass 4-0
- Public Hearing N. Campbell Rd, LLC – Large Scale Development, North Campbell Road: Jorgensen and Associates to present. Carole – as the building is developed, the building will need to be approved and subsequent plans need to be approved by building inspector. Each building must have a separate sign permit as they are built and occupied. Original design would have a marquee sign for the entire site. Reynolds instructed how the sign would have to comply with the sign code. Carole asked if there are different sign regulations for the C3 zone by the highway. Is there any requirement from the highway department? Tree screening was discussed and needs to be reviewed. Carole said their plan is sufficient including saving many of the older trees on the southern portion of the property. All proposed trees are suitable for the zone. Reynolds instructed each business will have to come before the Commission to receive a business license. Use is office building or enclosed trade shop. Both are allowed by right in C3 zone.
No public comment. Closed public hearing session.
- N. Campbell Rd, LLC – Large Scale Development N. Campbell Road:
Reynolds entertain motion to approve LSD; Collins motion – second Schoonover. Approved 4-0. 3. Public Comments –
Kurt Gastrock: Gastrock Enterprise LLC: Purchased property from Ogden on N Campbell Road just south of Loomis. Intention isto build a metal building for personal use down the road to build offices. 40’x125’. Reynolds instructed metal buildings are not permitted in C3. It also does not permit warehouse. Mr. Gastrock wants a metal building for office space use. He said he will do whatever is required by code for outside of building. Carole instructed if more than one acre is disturbed, LSD must be done. If under one acre, then the building and use will have to come before planning commission. He believes it will be less than an acre. The property has already been percolated for septic. Property is 4.29 acres.
Hog Valley RV Park Expansion: Carole presented prelim info regarding this. Jerry Cole wants to add another 24 spaces on the south side of the south drive on the property. He came through initially with about 98 spaces. He wanted to add a minor addition. He has already added 22 spaces and now he wants to add 24 more. Carole says this is becoming 50% more than the original plan. The infrastructure is already there. She wants to see plans, revised drainage report, if the health department will allow it, etc. If the infrastructure that is in place is sufficient, there is nothing wrong with going forward. From the fire and police perspective, they have ingress and egress. One issue is that we need to speak with the county about future road improvements that will eventually have to happen if the traffic increases on N and SW Campbell Road. They will submit a site and grading plan for the planning commission to see next month.
James Mathias – Mathias Properties – Carole presented prelim info regarding this. Doris Dorman Trust property that did the lot split on Lilie Lane and West Napier Drive. Tim West was the surveyor. Split the lot into 4 lots. It is all C3 right now but they want to look on the Eastern Half to see if he can build some houses. It would have to be rezoned. There is R1 near this property. Some of the property surrounding needs to be annexed. He is willing to consider bringing sewer down from Wilson and pay to finish the sewer line to Wilson to this property. He wants to build about 70 houses. It does touch residential zoning in the northeast corner. The property is about 20 acres. The Planning Commission will have to speak with Mathias about rezoning the property before the City will allow for the development to take place. They are willing to upgrade the sanitary sewer to connect with Wilson Road. He wants the entrance into the subdivision from Napier.
Another note: For LSD, we want the first version of the plans to go to Carole digitally and then have the final paper copy for the meeting. The submittal will show up later than what was deemed necessary, but this is to ensure that the hard copies that show up at Planning Commission are the latest and greatest. They can submit one hard copy to city hall and pay their application fee. Then Carole can mark up what needs to be changed. Then after revisions are done, they can submit the 7 hard copies before the planning meeting.
53 acres that is south of the RV Park. Nathan Ogden asking if there could be a rezone to residential from C3.
Map Review will be added to the agenda for next month. On the master street plan, we need to ensure to eliminate land locked parcels. There are some holes in the Master Street Plan. We will also review the Future Land Use Map.
We are asking that this be put on the website for a public input. We need people to put in their input and give feedback on their viewpoint for future land use.
End of public discussion.
- Code Work – Follow Up Discussion
∙ Landscape Code: needs to be referenced in the business license application form. ∙ Outdoor Vendor Code: stalled out. Never was completed from the city attorney. Review and place on agenda for next month.
∙ Tandem lot access limited to 100’: take the turn around size out. These need to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, by the city engineer, fire chief and police chief. Remove the 100’ length and 55’ radius.
∙ Impact fees – needs to be a rational nexus language added to the code. In October, city engineer and attorney were working on this. We need these addressed in our code because it is not currently.
∙ The driveway code for the subdivisions. In subdivisions, the driveway must be paved. Non subdivisions, the new buildings that have been built have had gravel driveways. We need to remove the paved requirement for non-subdivision development. Then ensure the property owner keeps the gravel out of the right of way. They are initially given a warning but afterwards need to be fined.
∙ What is the status on the accessory buildings code? It was deemed just to leave it as it was for now.
∙ Chair will send email to new City Attorney to update him on work that was either in progress so it can resume, and work that needs to be done that was not started.
Motion to adjourn: Collins Motioned, Schoonover Second, pass 4-0